Printer Always Print Unix Banner

Aqbal Rail aqbal at tech.fka.utm.my
Mon Mar 15 06:24:42 GMT 1999

Hi,

    Its me again, the one who had a problem with UNIX banner in
printing. Yeah I know, its quite annoying plus it wasted a lot of
precious papers. Guess what, I managed to get rid of the banner with
help from Dave C.B. Thanks a lot. Well this is my configurations.

Machine    : Sun Ultra Sparc 5
OS            : Solaris 2.6
Samba       : ver 2.0

The solutions : In the " smb.conf ", delete this line :

# This print command options is RECOMMENDED for use with ESP Print
 print command=/bin/lp -d%p -c -o raw %s -o nobanner -h ; /bin/rm -f %s

replace it with this one :

# This print command options is RECOMMENDED for use with Solaris 2.6
  print command=/usr/ucb/lpr -h -P%p %s

So, I hope if somebody is having a problem like I had tehy will try this
solutions.

Cheers,

Thanks again for any help received.
--