SWAT authentication problem

Nicholas Ritter ritter at lfc.edu
Thu Mar 11 16:12:00 GMT 1999

Herb Lewis wrote:

> Do you have a hosts allow line in your smb.conf? Is localhost included
> in this?

I have checked that, and it didn't fix the problem. I haven't been able to
access the Samba volumes via windows clients yet either. But I know this
is a largly unrelated issue becuase I have had this SWAT authentication
problem when the samba volume access via windows clients was working
perfectly.

Is it possible that the pam rpm update from redhat for 5.2 could be
causeing the authentication failure? I have gotten SWAT to work with
shadow passwords just fine before....

Nicholas Ritter
Network Administrator, LFC