Couple of Samba Problems

Robert Paris robot101 at hadesian.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 23:15:11 GMT 1999

I've got Samba working well on my RedHat Linux 5.1 Server, serving my
little in-house network, but I have one or two annoying problems. The
network has two Win95 boxes and one WFW box. When one of the Win95
boxes (a specific one) is not on, the WFW box experiences, every
couple of minutes, a pause, for about 60 seconds, where the mouse
moves but nothing responds. I believe this is to do with browsing,
and the problem only started when Samba was put up - Samba is configured
as the local browse master with an OS value of 65. Is this a problem
with Samba, something I've done wrong, or a problem with WFW? Can
anyone suggest a solution?

The other thing isn't such a big problem, but none of the boxes
remember any passwords ever, which is annoying. Can I patch Win95
and WFW to fix this?

Rob