Samba on a ICL Unix system

Stuart Young sgy at amc.com.au
Wed Mar 10 22:59:13 GMT 1999

At 18:41 10/03/99 +1100, Campling, Matthew wrote:

>Does anyone have a complied version on samba for a ICL TeamServer ot ICL
>Superserver running SVR4 V7m Plus.

I don't have Samba running on one of these beasts, but I do have knowledge
of the platform.

The system seems to be derived from Sco Unix 1.3, and is no longer
sold/supported much by ICL/Fujitsu (the hardware is also most likely NOT
y2k). I seriously doubt that Samba detects this system as such (as most
other packages I've compiled on it in the past certainly do not). You might
want to try forcing it into a compatible set of definitions in the code
(note: this does not seem as though it will be real a simple thing to do).

If I get the time, I might put Samba on the machine and have a go at
compiling it. Are you using DRS/NX for Intel (C compiler you can purchase
for that platform) or are you using gcc?? Compiling gcc took lots of effort
(many attempts to tell the gcc code what platform it was running on) but it
eventually compiled using the DRS/NX compiler. I've found gcc to work
better in almost all cases on that specific platform.

Stuart Young - sgy at amc.com.au - cefiar at amarok.glasswings.com.au
(aka Cefiar) - http://amarok.glasswings.com.au/

[All opinions expressed in the above message are my]
[own and not necessarily the views of my employer..]