SAMBA digest 2009: NT Workstation "Default" Username and

Sigmund Skjelnes sskjelln at online.no
Wed Mar 10 22:51:59 GMT 1999

Hi! And thank you for this very useful tip!

I did what you suggested, and it worked, I'm not prompted for password on
logon to the linux server any more. I were'nt aware that I'd had to assign
an smb password, I thought it was Ok as I'd had the samme username on the
linux server  as I had on the NT box, with the security = user statement in
the smb.conf.

Best regards, Sigmund.