Printing to canon bjc 610

Stephen L Arnold arnold.steve at ensco.com
Tue Mar 9 21:54:55 GMT 1999

When the world was young, Matt Hoover <matt at ind.cioe.com> carved
some runes like this:

> Thanks for the leads on the docs - but unfortunately after exhausting all
> avenues, I still got the same error.  I have given all 777 permission to
> both the divices and the spool directories - i still get the message in
> the samba logs - cannot find wps service.  What is this wps?

Windoze Printing Stupid?

Okay dude, what OS are you running (some version of linux?)?  Have
you installed the right print filter and/or ghostscript setup to
print from the host side?  What does the Canon emulate?  PCL?  PS?
RedHat has a pretty good SMB printer setup widget (to print to a
windoze shared printer) but you probably don't want to do that.

Have you looked at the printing HOWTOs in the linux docs?

Steve