Password or no password

Christopher Parent parenc at rpi.edu
Tue Mar 9 19:29:58 GMT 1999

When i type
smbclient -L SERVERNAME -W WORKGROUP, it prompts for a password. I can easily hit enter to gain access. I also know that you can append -N to the end, and therefore it won't prompt for a password. However, when I try to connect to a linux server using the -N appendage, I get an error message, telling me Bad password - name/password pair. I can hit enter to get around it, without using the -N parameter, but I need to execute this line in a script, and I can't be sitting around, waiting to hit enter everytime I run into this situation. Is there any other syntax that I can get around?

Chris