Mysterious Samba 2.0.3 with security=server

Kunze, Axel (Fa. SUN) axel.kunze at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Mar 8 11:17:08 GMT 1999

Hello dear list members !

We've upgraded our samba installations now to 2.0.3 on our Solaris 2.5.1
Servers.
We've set security=server which made no problems till the upgrade ...
The scenario:
We have now several users with automatically locked nt accounts ... another
strange thing is,
when I look at the event log of our DC which authenticates the samba shares,
then we have a
first authentication attempt of samba which fails with ID 529 (unknown user
or password) sometimes
followed by an entry with ID 528 (login ok) ...
Afterwards we have to reset the password on the NT Box, and anything works
fine ...

Are there any samba settings which have been changed ? Has anyone
experienced the same behaviour ?

Regards

Axel Kunze