Printing to canon bjc 610

Matthew L. Hoover matt at ind.cioe.com
Mon Mar 8 03:00:14 GMT 1999

I am currently using the newest version of samba (2.03), and am very
impressed!  I have no problems getting the shares to work, etc.  My only
troouble is trying to print from my Windows 98 machine to my canon bjc610
wich is attached to my Linux box running RH 5.2.  I can print from the my
linux machine with the same username I use to access samba.  When I look
in my log - I get the following error I have not been able to figure out:

 uspfs-in-r8055 (192.168.0.12) connect to service bjc-610 as user matt
(uid=502
, gid=502) (pid 3998)
[1999/03/07 20:07:57, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(208)
  uspfs-in-r8055 (192.168.0.12) couldn't find service wps

Could anyone please lead me to somedocumentation or the answer to
this problem.  Oh, the windows error is one of those generic - 'could not
print to the network device, do you want to troubleshoot now?'

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt Hoover
matt at ind.cioe.com