I need help with smbmount!!!

Kevin A. Pieckiel kapieckiel at harding.edu
Thu Mar 4 19:57:32 GMT 1999

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Greg.Cox wrote:

-> I am trying to use smbmount.
-> I am using Samba 2.0.0
-> The smbmount command I am using is
->
-> smbmount //greg/c /mnt/gregc -I 90.0.0.2
-> It apparrently works.  I get the following messages:

Hi Greg,

I disovered that you can successfully leave the mount point off:

smbmount //greg/c -I 90.0.0.2

and then mount it with a mount command at the smb: \> prompt:

smb: \>mount /mnt/gregc

You can add appropriate flags on the mount command, if needed, like this:

smb: \>mount /mnt/gregc -u gregc -g users -f 760 -d 750

or whatever suits your needs.  For help on the -u, -g, -f, and -d, man
smbmnt and read about it there.

Kevin

---
      '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)              kapieckiel at harding.edu