Re SMS under samba

xeral01 at ez-poa.com.br xeral01 at ez-poa.com.br
Thu Mar 4 18:20:55 GMT 1999

>Is anyone aware of a way to do server-based software >management/installation
on Win95 clients in a samba environment?
> My co-workers are considering implementing an MS SMS server, which
> also requires an MS SQL server.  I desperatlely want to counter
> this proposal with an open-source alternative. Any suggestions?
> Tom Hallewell Radio Free Asia
Hi Tom!
At this moment I'm deploying the Unicenter TNG with the Asset Management Option
with MS SQL Server. That's a big environment with 90 sites and 4000 Win95 Clients
using Solaris 2.6 with Samba. In my opinion MS SMS doesn't support this environment
satisfly. Only TNG support strategic management systems throughout the enterprise,
such as software delivery, help desk, network management,etc.
[]s
Alexandre X.