ERRDOS - 50 when restoring a tar file

Stephan Tautz tautz at lavielle.com
Thu Mar 4 11:38:28 GMT 1999

We had the same problem and didn´t find a direkt solution nur a work around:

With WinZip 7.0, the command-line PlugIn for WinZip 7.0 and the Schedular we are zipping the partitions c: and d: on our Win95/98 System autoamtically every evening.
Then we are backing up only the Zip-File with Samba. (This has the adavantage that the networkload ist much lower (33%) becaus the data is compressed!)
Ther ist no problem restoring the zipfile if it is in the root of the share. Then you can extract the files you want from the restored zipfile.

 Mit freundlichen Grüßen
 Stephan Tautz

 Lavielle EDV Systemberatung GmbH & Co.       Tel.: +49(0)40 / 65 80 88
 Lotharstrasse 2b, D-22041 Hamburg, Germany  Fax.: +49(0)40 / 65 808-202
 http://www.lavielle.de/, mailto:tautz at lavielle.com