Problem with Visual Studio

Anthony Farrow a.n.farrow at cranfield.ac.uk
Thu Mar 4 10:21:06 GMT 1999

Dear List,

Samba Version : 1.9.18p4
NT Version    : SP4
Visual Studio : 5.0 or 97

Hi - I'm having a bit of a problem with visual studio and
samba. I vaguely recall seeing something mentioned
regarding this on this list before, so if I can take the
liberty of picking your brains I would appreciate it.

When working with a samba mapped drive, the user gets
annoying messages along the lines of "The source file has
changed, do you wish to reload the source file? (Yes/No)".
At first I suspected a bug in visual studio, but after I
gave the students access to a NT network drive the problems
stop - so unfortunately the blame would appear to lie with
SAMBA, which up until now has run flawlessly (keep up the
good work!!!).

I am aware Version 2 is out, but I can't consider this
until I have tested it thoroughly in our test environment.
This is not because I distrust Samba though, it's just a
really busy period and slight glitch would be magnified
into a large problem by moaning user types!!

So, is there a fix for this? Has anybody any knowledge of
this?

I can post my smb.conf if necessary.

Thanks in advance,

	Anthony