Strange Log-In Problem Samba 1.9.18

Till Mommsen T.Mommsen at gmx.de
Thu Mar 4 09:08:51 GMT 1999

Hello,

got a problem with logging into Samba shares, using NT WS SP4:

Samba was set up working properly with several different users and several
shares.  Now I can't log in any more for one user. I see the server and I
see the shares, but when I try to open one of the shares, I get the message
"network path not found on server". However, I know the shares are there and
the other users can log in without any problems.

The passwords haven't changed, however I reassigned the password to this
user after the problem occured to see whether it would help. He can not even
open his homes directory, where he is owner of....

The only thing (I remeber) I did before this happened is chmod -R 777 /home
where all shares are located, because I tried something with amanda.
Nevertheless I changed the user modes back.  Even if I try to create a new
share, this user is not allowed into Samba though he is owner of a couple of
directories.

Where is my pitfall???

Hints apreciated :-))

Thanks