unix password sync question

Chris Roberts chrisr at oleo.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 13:28:13 GMT 1999

Hi...

I am running samba 2.0.3 and Slakware Linux...

What I have been trying to achive is the situation where when a win95 user
changes their password samba automatically changes their unix password to
match!

I have read lots of things which say to use 'unix password sync' and to set
the debug level to 100 but sofar I have not seen any results in the log.smb
file :(

Am I missing something really obvious?

I have compiled samba just via ./configure and then make, do I need to
specify any Makefile options or is it all configured from smb.conf

HELP!

Thanks In Advance

Chris Roberts
chrisr at oleo.co.uk