Reg compiling samba.2.0x to HP-UX 10.20

Micael Pedersen mipeders at cybernet.dk
Wed Mar 3 07:36:45 GMT 1999

Hi,

We have been using Samba 1.9.x for a long time - great product.
We had problem compiling SAMBA 2.0.x to HP-UX 10.20 and followed the discussion
at the newsgroup and tried the solutions. We do not use HP cc, but gnu cc.

The autoconf always came out with this error:

"Error No locking available. Running Samba would not be safe"

However we found the solution for us to be very simple, the autoconf found HP
assembler. If the path to "gnu as" is before "HP as" then the autoconf works and

samba 2.0.x can be compiled.

Environment:

HP-UX 10.20
Gnu cc 2.7.2.3
Gnu as (binutils)  2.7

Make sure the system finds "gnu as" ("which as")

Just run configure and it works.

Thanks to our colleague Stig for his help

Regards

Micael and Rasmus, DHL Worldwide Express