Problems with login

dutchboy dutchboy at saintjoe.edu
Tue Mar 2 18:01:52 GMT 1999

I am just starting to use samba, and I keep running into the same
problem time and again.  I have installed SAMBA 2.0.2 correctly and have
(i think) a correct smb.conf file. Now when I try to log on to one of my
shares it will not let me in.  I get the following errors when logging
in:

[dutchboy at lisa dutchboy]$ smbclient \\\\lisa\\dutchboy
doing parameter log file = /var/smblogs/samba-log.%m
doing parameter lock dir = /var/lock/samba
doing parameter guest account =
doing parameter hosts allow = 127. 131.93.
doing parameter printing = lprng
pm_process() returned Yes
Added interface ip=131.93.0.140 bcast=131.93.255.255 nmask=255.255.0.0
Client started (version 2.0.2).
resolve_name: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name lisa<0x20>
resolve_name: Attempting host lookup for name lisa<0x20>
Connecting to 131.93.0.140 at port 139
Password:
session setup failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password
pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)

As far as I know I have the smbpasswd file set up correctly too.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong.

I will also attach the smb.conf I am using.

Thanks
		Dutchboy

Aukjan van Belkum (A.J.)		dutchboy at saintjoe.edu
PO Box 542				jvd2345 at saintjoe.edu