samba-2.0.3 does not work as PDC (as advertised :-) (PR#14317)

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Mon Mar 1 22:35:08 GMT 1999

sgy at amc.com.au wrote:

> I was testing 2.0.2 as a PDC, and it worked fine (apart from an issue
> unrelated to Samba).. but 2.0.3 just refuses to work. More trial and error.
>
> Will let people know if I get around it.

Well I must confess I didn't regression test using 2.0.3 as
a PDC, I concentrated on testing the domain member functionality
which is what is advertised to work, and also on testing that
all the bugs I announced as fixed were in fact fixed.

I'm sorry if you were using it and it broke, that wasn't
my intent.

Once I'm back from the Linux Expo next week I'll take a look
at 2.0.3 as a PDC (at least for authentication purposes) and
see if I can spot what's wrong.

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.