samba-2.0.3 does not work as PDC (as advertised :-)

Stuart Young sgy at amc.com.au
Mon Mar 1 22:19:46 GMT 1999

At 03:46 2/03/99 +1100, Todd Pfaff wrote:
>> > Anyone who was using samba 2.0.x, x<3, as a PDC be warned that it no
>> > longer seems to work with samba 2.0.3.
>>
>> Maybe you just have to tell it to identify itself as a NT Server, not
>> NT Workstation, which is now the default.
>
>Anyone else using samba 2.0.3 as a PDC?  If so, did you have to change
>anything from 2.0.x to 2.0.3 to make this work?

I was testing 2.0.2 as a PDC, and it worked fine (apart from an issue
unrelated to Samba).. but 2.0.3 just refuses to work. More trial and error.

Will let people know if I get around it.

Stuart Young - sgy at amc.com.au - cefiar at amarok.glasswings.com.au
(aka Cefiar) - http://amarok.glasswings.com.au/

[All opinions expressed in the above message are my]
[own and not necessarily the views of my employer..]