lock up with large data using alpha multia

Andreas Bang abang at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 1 03:05:10 GMT 1999

I do not know if anybody has a Multia that would lockup when transfering
over 16k of data.  This only happens when going at 100mbps, but samba works
fine under 10mbps.  I can FTP huge files over 100MB of data over the network
at 100T and have no problem, but when I transfer thru samba it locks the
alpha up. I have it setup as a domain(and not as a domain) server and it
does not matter what I do, it just locks up the server, hard.  I also have
the routing part turned off as well.  I tried this on a Intel based system,
and it does work fine, but on the alpha it just craps out.

any information would be great.  I am currently using the following:

   RedHat 5.2
   samba 2.0.0 (will try the new version 2.0.3)
   Kernel 2.0.36
   64MB ram
   Noname DEC Multia
   NCR 53c7,8xx
   PCMCIA-3.0.9 with Linksys Etherfast 10/100 PC(PCMPC100)  <-- using the
samba part of the network.
   Digital DC21040 card using Tulip V0.90F driver.  <--ip masqueraded for
ADSL

thanks in advanced.