Autoconnect on restarts doesn't work

Strömberg Peter Peter.Stromberg at scania.com
Wed Jun 30 12:23:38 GMT 1999

Hi there,

I'm running Samba 2.0.4b on an AIX box. On some of the Windows NT clients
the autoconnect doesn't work on Samba shares. It works with NT servers.
Someone suggested that it only applied to certain user/pwd combinations. Is
this supposed to be so? Can I do something on the clients or the Samba
server to make it work the way it does against NT servers?

We use unencrypted passwords. Encrypted passwords aren't an option since the
authentication is handled by our AFS cell. Or am I wrong there?

Any help whatsoever is appreciated. Regards,
/Peter Strömberg - WM-data Scania AB, Södertälje, Sweden