Machine Upgraded & smbd/nmbd won't start

Mark E. Drummond drummond-m at rmc.ca
Mon Jun 28 12:50:10 GMT 1999

"Mark E. Drummond" wrote:

> Hi all. Running 2.0.4b on a (now) solaris 2.6 box. Since the upgrade the
> smbd & nmbd daemons won't start. I tried starting smbd by hand, running

Found the problem. 2 of the interfaces did not come up after the install
of Solaris 2.6 and my smb.conf is configured to bind to all the
interfaces. It choke when it did not find all the interfaces available.

Mark E Drummond                    Royal Military College of Canada
drummond-m at rmc.ca                                Computing Services
Linux Uber Alles                                        perl || die

       ...there are two types of command interfaces in the world of
                    computing: good interfaces and user interfaces.
                                   - Dan Bernstein, Author of qmail

PGP Fingerprint = 503D A72D AF41 2AD1 D433 C514 98D9 9A39 B25A 2405