2.0.4b/rh60/smbstatus: European characters (accented) (PR#18293)

Giulio Orsero giulioo at tiscalinet.it
Mon Jun 28 10:34:03 GMT 1999

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999 17:08:15 -0700, hai scritto:

>Try adding the following patch to 2.0.4b. This should
>fix the problem and will be in the next release.

Yes, the accented chars are displayed correctly now.
Thanks.

There's another problem though (similar):
smbclient -L <samba-server-master-browser>

This shows all the pcs in the samba server browse list.
If one of the pc has the "Comment" (I say "comment" just because this happened
to me, maybe it's the same for the name) with european characters, then there
is the same problem as with pre-patch smbstatus (it is solved in the same
manner with tr).