Smbmount with networked windows system backups

April Escamilla aprile at airlinksystems.com
Fri Jun 25 22:02:01 GMT 1999

Hello Everyone,

        I am trying to automate the backups at my office, and am running
into trouble with the windows machines.  I have used the smbmount command to
mount the windows systems onto our RedHat Linux 6.0 box.  I can verify that
they are indeed mounted successfully.
    I have a copy of BRU, which is an excellent piece of backup software.
Ideally, I would like to use BRU to back up our entire network.  But when I
did a few trial runs with BRU and the aforementioned smbmounted windows
systems,they never completely backed up.  BRU tech support suggested working
with the smbmount to see if that would help.
    I am wondering if anyone out there backsup an smbmounted windows system.
Are there some extra arguments that one sends to smbmount in order to allow
for this?  Does anyone out there perhaps use BRU to backup an smbmounted
system?  Any thoughts, ideas, comments or wisdom would be greatly
appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
April Escamilla