Machine Upgraded & smbd/nmbd won't start

Mark E. Drummond drummond-m at rmc.ca
Fri Jun 25 18:34:15 GMT 1999

"Mark E. Drummond" wrote:

> Hi all. Running 2.0.4b on a (now) solaris 2.6 box. Since the upgrade the
> smbd & nmbd daemons won't start. I tried starting smbd by hand, running

Just for the heck of it I rebuilt samba under the new OS. Still no
dice...

Mark E Drummond                    Royal Military College of Canada
drummond-m at rmc.ca                                Computing Services
Linux Uber Alles                                        perl || die

       ...there are two types of command interfaces in the world of
                    computing: good interfaces and user interfaces.
                                   - Dan Bernstein, Author of qmail

PGP Fingerprint = 503D A72D AF41 2AD1 D433 C514 98D9 9A39 B25A 2405