Broadcast problems with nmbd

Jitendra Patel jpatel at ossc.ossc.com
Thu Jun 24 20:44:12 GMT 1999

Hi,
  I am running SAMBA ver 1.9.16P9 on a QNX operating system.
If I increase the system time using the date utility  I see broadcasts
equal to the the time differnce /12 mins.
This seems to be the announce packets....Is there a way to disable these
packets
this QNX box gets its time from a TIMER server,,,,SOmetimes the time server
may come with a huge time difference of 2-4years and suddenly we see tons
of broadcasts on the network.
Is anybody seeing it in other Operating systems or is it my smbd.conf
Thanks in advance.
Jitendra Patel