STATUS..LCK

Jason Pickering jpickeri at utct2166.ct.utwente.nl
Wed Jun 23 14:37:57 GMT 1999

Hello,
	I have just installed the following system and am having trouble accessing the SAMBA server. I posted a message the other
day, but I haven't received a response so, i thought thought I would try again.

Machine = StarMax 3000/603e
System= Linux 2.2.6
Distribution = LinuxPPC R5

	Here is the problem.  The machine is apparently visible on the network. I can see it from the other Win95 machines.
"testparm" gives no errors. However, "smbstatus" results in the following message:

Couldn't open status file /var/lock/samba/STATUS..LCK

I have followed the "Diagnosing Samba FAQ" but didn't get very far. Can someone help this newbie out please?

Thanks,
Jason Pickering
jpickeri at utct2166.ct.utwente.nl