Logon.bat with samba

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Jun 23 13:25:32 GMT 1999

Ralf Christmann wrote:

> I've tried to make out of my samba 2.0.3 server a logon server.
> I' ve set
> domain logons = Yes
> domain master = No

set this to yes.  domain controller (logon server) must
be the domain master browser.

> local master =Yes
> os level = 65
> preferred master =Yes
> login script = logon.bat
> but:
> wins support = No
>
> I made a share as recommended [netlogon] and place there a logon.bat.
> The logon.bat contains
> net use z: \\servername\public
> for testing if the logon.bat is excecuted by login to the server.
> But it isn't excecuted!

In the network control panle for Windows 9x clients, you
should add

	Client for Microstf Networks
	Network Adapter
	TCP/IP

In the properties for the Microsoft Client, Check the box
that says "Logon to Windows NT domain" and enter the name
of the Samba domain.

Hope this helps,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter