Logon.bat with samba

Ralf Christmann rchristmann at zh.unipektin.ch
Wed Jun 23 10:48:01 GMT 1999

Hello, I've posted it once, but the answers did not satisfy me.
One sended me the smb.conf with wins support enabled.
This is a thing I was asking in my email. And this is still not clear, if I
need Wins support
And when how to configure.
Another said that win9x clients will automatically
use netlogon-shares as drive z:
This does not happens ..?
Then here my question remains the same:

I've tried to make out of my samba 2.0.3 server a logon server.
I' ve set
domain logons = Yes
domain master = No
local master =Yes
os level = 65
preferred master =Yes
login script = logon.bat
but:
wins support = No

I made a share as recommended [netlogon] and place there a logon.bat.
The logon.bat contains
net use z: \\servername\public
for testing if the logon.bat is excecuted by login to the server.
But it isn't excecuted!
What's wrong?
Have I really to set the samba server as wins server ( I?m sorry,
but I do not understand much of this netbios and so on).
I don't want to use profiles!
The clients get theri IP-Adress via dhcp.
I' m member of the right workgroup and all shares (incuding netlogon) are
listed.
And after that I can excecute the logon.bat manually, of course.
Answers?

Best regards
Ralf