Ready-to-use Samba 2.0.0 for Solaris

Olof Liungman olli at oce.gu.se
Tue Jun 22 14:21:28 GMT 1999

Perhaps you Solaris users all know about this already, but if you want to
install Samba 2.0.0 (I think the version is) without having to bother about
compiling and stuff, check out the Freeware for Solaris homepage:

http://smc.vnet.net/solaris.html

There are loads of pre-compiled and packaged freeware there, easily installed
using pkgadd. I was up and running in only a few hours (it would have taken 15
minutes if I'd read the docs properly ;).

Ciao,

Olof

"As a skydiver I play chicken with the ground. So far the ground has always
won..."

   Olof Liungman
   Dept. of Oceanography
   Earth Sciences Centre