Passwords and NT

Peter Polkinghorne Peter.Polkinghorne at brunel.ac.uk
Tue Jun 22 08:43:31 GMT 1999

Glenn Burkhardt said:
> There's also a related problem for accessing printers - until a disk
> share is "logged onto" on the system that serves the printer, printer
> connections are refused.  It all works fine after an initial
> connection is made to a disk share.

This is basicly a feature of NT clients and nothing can be done about it.

We tried 2 different workarounds: a) always send print requests to the
server from which users mounted home directory - on grounds would be connected
to & thus authorisation would work.

b) Our final solution: use BSD lpr to access printers rather than SMB from
the NT clients.