Authentication problems with Windows clients

Levent Gündogdu levon at feature-it.de
Tue Jun 22 10:03:22 GMT 1999

Hi Des.

As I understand this, smbclient sends plain passwords to Samba. Enable Windows
to use plain passwords for network connections (.reg-files reside in the docs
directory of your samba distribution).

Alternately you may wish to make samba accept encrypted passwords by setting
'encrypt passwords = yes' in your smb.conf file and adding each user's password
to the samba-hash-file by using 'smbpasswd -a [user] [password]'.

Hope it helps...

Bye,
 Levent.