Read-Only File Systems

rbrand at esg-gmbh.de rbrand at esg-gmbh.de
Tue Jun 15 13:13:31 GMT 1999

Hello,

I'm using the latest samba version 2.0.4b on a suse 6.0-linux system and
3 Windows NT computers.

1) I have problems sharing read-only file systems between linux and NT.
     "No access to \\samba\dosc. Couldn't find the network-name"
2) The NT-Administrator cannot read his home-directory while any other user
can read it.
    the error messages are similar to (I use a German NT-System) :
     "No access to \\samba\administrator. Couldn't find the network-name"

I tested the configuration with diagnosis.txt and passed every test.

Here is my configuration file. Can anyone help me ?

R. Brand

(See attached file: smb.conf)

(See attached file: log.computer1)