Again! need undelete function !!!

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Mon Jun 14 15:42:22 GMT 1999

You wrote:
| Actually I wrote a hack for this functionality myself about a year
back;
| it was simply a matter of rewriting the unlink() routine, so that not
| only would it keep a copy of a file before being deleted, but also
| keep several revisions of the file.

	In a previous life, I implemented a version of the
	VMS-like versioned files by changing open on a non-u
	system.  Users could then clean up by using the equivalent
	of find -name '*;1' -exec rm {] \;

	I like changing unlink better, so that one could
	subsequently say 'rm foo;1' and have it really disappear.

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb
Work: (905) 477-0437 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com