Strange Problem Samba 2.04b and Outlook97

Axel Neumann amn at cromemco.com
Fri Jun 11 07:40:53 GMT 1999

Hello,

I have a strange problem with Samba 2.04b and M$ Outlook97 on NT 4.0 SP4.

I am using a SCO OpenServer 5.04 system as mailserver (POP3) and nameserver
as well as Samba Server. For backup reasons I have installed Outlook in
such a way that its own mail file (postfach.pst) is on the Samba share. If
the NT box and Outlook are freshly started I can retrieve mails from the
POP3 or send mails to anybody. If Outlook is running for more then app. 30
minutes can not send or retrieve mails. But I still have access to the
mails that are already in Outlook. Also the connection to the Samba share
is still working. After rebooting the NT everything is okay.

In earlier releases of Samba (2.0.3 and before) I was able to start Outlook
in the morning and sending mails in the evening without rebooting the NT.
Right now I am back to Samba 2.0.3.

Any clues?

Best regards,

Axel Neumann
Cromemco MPCT GmbH                                                 Tel:
     Int+49 6172 967860
Dietrich-Bonhoeffer-Str. 4
                                                Fax:    Int+49 6172 304519
D-61350 Bad Homburg