allow guest access

Greg Skouby gskouby at sitesnow.com
Wed Jun 9 04:36:31 GMT 1999

Hello,
	I am running Samba on a FreeBSD box in a network of Windows95
machines. I have Samba installed on the FreeBSD machine and I want to set
up a /tmp directory so everybody can read that wants to. I think I have
this done but everytime somebody tries to map to \\SERVER\tmp they get
prompted for a password. I don't want them to get prompted for a password,
can somebody give me an example config for a tmp directory that won't
prompt for a password? I thought I was reading the docs alright and had
the guest services set up right but apparently not. This is what I
currently have for the global and tmp parameters in my smb.conf file:
[global]
   netbios name = GREG
   workgroup = SITESNOW
   load printers = no
   guest account = nobody
   guest ok = true
;  This next option sets a separate log file for each client. Remove
;  it if you want a combined log file.
log file = /var/log/log.%m
;  You will need a world readable lock directory and "share modes=yes"
;  if you want to support the file sharing modes for multiple users
;  of the same files
  lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
  share modes = yes
 [tmp]
   comment = Temporary file space
   path = /tmp