mailing list

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Tue Jun 8 05:37:06 GMT 1999

> Having the all-in-one type email every day or whatever is not as easy to
> use/read/reply .. would be a lot nicer for them to use Majordomo.

err, that has nothing to do with what list processer we use.

try going to http://lists.samba.org/ and use the web interface to
change your subscription to ACK from DIGEST. Then you'll get each mail
as a separate message.

I have listproc setup to use DIGEST by default as it reduces the load
on the server. Now that we explode our mail via a US relay that isn't
so much of a problem (before we did that it cost us thousands in
network traffic charges to host this list).

I may change list processor on Samba some day, as listproc does have
problems and isn't really maintainable (due to the silly license) but
it won't be until I have several days free to do it. It takes a _lot_
of effort to convert 20 busy lists with thousands of subscribers, web
archives and interfaces to a new list processor. I've done it once
before and know how much work it is. Meanwhile we stay with listproc.

Cheers, Tridge