configure script: locking error

Charles B. Schweizer chas at ccrc.wustl.edu
Mon Jun 7 21:18:21 GMT 1999

When I try to run the configure script I get the following error:

  ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe

I searched the samba archives and found another instance of the same error, but
I don't get the same errors in my config.log file, so I think it is a somewhat
different problem.  Instead, I get stuff like:

  configure:8622: checking for fcntl locking
  configure:8635: gcc -o conftest -O  -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE  conftest.c -lsec
      -lsocket -lnsl -ldl  1>&5
  In file included from /usr/include/fcntl.h:19,
                 from ./tests/fcntl_lock.c:12,
                 from configure:8632:
  /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h:156: parse error before `off64_t'
  /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h:156: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
  /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h:157: warning: data definition has no type or storage
      class
  /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h:161: parse error before `}'
  /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h:161: warning: data definition has no type or storage
      class
  configure: failed program was:
  #line 8631 "configure"
  #include "confdefs.h"
  #include "./tests/fcntl_lock.c"

I don't have any idea why it gets a parse error.  I actually looked at fcntl.h
and everything seems fine (not that I would expect such a library file to have
an error).

I posted the entire log file at http://www.ccrc.wustl.edu/~chas/config.log if
that helps.

Thanks,