Does mksmbpasswd.sh have any real purpose?

Frank R. Brown list.Frank at MailAndNews.com
Fri Jun 4 14:56:27 GMT 1999

I see that mksmbpasswd.sh (plus a little editing) would
be a good way to set up users with "NO PASSWORD"
in bulk.

But suppose I don't want the risk of the "NO PASSWORD"
approach.  Now somebody with root access must run
smbpasswd for each user they want to activate.  But can't
I just do this anyway (with the -a 'add user' option), without
ever having run mksmbpasswd.sh?

Please clue me in if I'm missing something here.

Thanks.

     Frank R.Brown
     Frank.R.Brown at MailAndNews