800+ simultaneous connections ...

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Thu Jun 3 13:57:47 GMT 1999

Does anyone have any experience with a high number of *simultaneous*
connections?  We're investigating the possibility of moving one of our
servers from novell to solaris, and the only "concern" we have at this
time is what happens if 800 clients all decide to connect at the same
time?

the server will be running solaris/7 on a dual-ppro system ...

I konw with the 'idle' setting set, it won't use as much resources, since
only those active sessions will be tying things up, but we're worried
about that 'once in a blue moon' situation...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: scrappy at hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org