W98:No logon

Matt Chapman matty at samba.org
Tue Jun 1 11:53:41 GMT 1999

Stephen Davies wrote:

> They have just acquired a new W98 box which can access the server using any
> TCP/IP service EXCEPT Samba.
>
> The problem is that the MS networking code is never loaded on the PC because
> the usual login dialog box is not displayed at startup.

Check that you have Client for Microsoft Networks installed and
selected as the Windows logon, that log on to Windows NT domain is
selected in the client properties, and that the WINS server in TCP/IP
properties is correct, if applicable.

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman
SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member

"I have a dream... that one day, my three little children will be
judged not on the quality of their character, but on the content of
their code..."