HTTP Authentication and SWAT

Andrew J Cole A.J.Cole at cbl.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jun 1 11:00:39 GMT 1999

Samba/SWAT 2.0.4b (running on SunOS 4.1.x, SunOS 5.7 and Red Hat 5.2)
fails to authenticate when using Squid/2.1.PATCH2.  The failure
manifests itself immediatly (ie. before the username/password
dialogue).  [This is not my proxy so I havent yet had the opportunity
to examine the logs].

The same Samba/SWAT 2.0.4b servers have no authentication problems with
other proxies (including CERN 3.0A!!!) and all our and other password
protected pages authenticate correctly with Squid/2.1.PATCH2.  I assume
this might be a Squid problem but cannot see any Squid or Samba
messages which mention similar problems.  Anyone else running
Squid/2.1.PATCH2 and SWAT without problems?

Andrew