Samba as a member of the NT domain

msun at emu.com msun at emu.com
Thu Jul 29 23:17:02 GMT 1999

Hi Folks,

I have followed the instructions on making a Samba server a member of a
pre-existing NT domain.  However, I get the following error in the Samba log
file when someone tries to connect.  I would like to be able for Samba to
not prompt for a login and a password when a user is trying to access its
shared resources (much like a normal non-password protected windows share).

[1999/07/29 14:10:11, 0] smbd/password.c:domain_client_validate(1369)
  domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user mickeys in
domain
 EMU to Domain controller RA. Error was NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD.

Now my UNIX and NT password are identical.  The Samba server is a Solaris
2.6 box running Samba 2.0.4.  I would greatly appreciate any advice or
pointers you might have.  Thanks.

Mickey