NT Workstation Domain Logons

Ron Brinker service at emcis.com
Thu Jul 29 13:31:02 GMT 1999

I guess I just don't understand the setup of the NTWS completely. Here is my
setup:

Redhat 6.0 Server running Samba 1.9.18
Windows 95 workstation (with Logon to Windows NT Domain Checked, Windows NT
Domain is "SERVICE")
Windows NT 4.0 SP5 workstation

The Windows 95 workstation logs on to the domain fine, and runs the login
script

I try to get the NTWS to log on to the domain by clicking the "CHANGE" button
in the "Network Properties" screen.
Then I try to switch the "Member of" selection from "WORKGROUP" to "DOMAIN"
When I click "OK" I get the message "Unable to connect to the domain
controller for this domain. Have your system administrator check your
computer account on the domain."

However, If I double-click Network Neighboorhood, I can see my server and my
shares. If I access a share and then try to become a member of the domain, I
get the message "You already have a connection to the domain. You must
disconnect before joining the domain."

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

NOTE: I am running 1.9.18 because I've ran in to loads of problems with 2.0.x
and file sharing problems, and 1.9.18 runs the same programs I have problems
with in 2.0.x just fine.

Thanks,

Ron Brinker