security level flags...

Stephen L Arnold sarnold at coyote.rain.org
Thu Jul 29 07:36:29 GMT 1999

On 29 Jul 99, "Fabio Iovine" <f_iovine at hotmail.com> had questions
about security level flags...:

[snip]
>   guest account = pcguest
                    ^^^^^^^
Does the pcguest account actually exist (eg, like the ftp account)?

[snip]
> and I've run the following command to generate the smbpasswd
> file: cat /etc/passwd | mksmbpasswd.sh >
> /usr/local/samba19/private/smbpasswd as it is written in
> docs/ENCRYPTION.txt file.

The mksmbpasswd.sh script only creates the smbpasswd file with all
the user info in it, but empty password fields.  Did you actually
add passwords to the smbpasswd file?  It's not necessarily obvious
from the docs, so I'm just checking ;-)

Steve