Shares become flaky in correlation with the Debug level

Cary T. Conrad conrad at messagesecure.com
Wed Jul 28 06:21:31 GMT 1999

System: x86 Solaris
Samba: 2.0.2
Network: PC(Win95) and 100BT hubs/cards/etc

In this new install we experienced power users (financial app using access
as back end) having trouble. We saw no errors in the debug log, so we
turned the log from 2 to 3. The share performance worsened(sp).  When we
turned the debug to a 1 the problems (and the logging) went away.

Any experience with this direct correlation?

BTW we run the same setup in many other location with the only variable
being the network speed, other locations are 10BT.

Thanks,

CC