Mounting smb

Andreas Fiedler Computerservice.Fiedler at gmx.de
Thu Jul 22 15:22:34 GMT 1999

Hi,

you can mount any SMB share (win and real Samba) with smbmount.

example:

smbmount \\\\machine_to_mount\\cdrom -U andreas -c 'mount /mnt/cdrom'

The -U is the user for the share. You'll be asked for a password.

Pay attention to the four/two backslashes.

It works here since I accidently killed my NFS a week ago  :-)

Regards,
Andreas

Stuart Luscombe schrieb:

> Hi, I noticed your message in the digest and I'm having the same
> problem. I can get into my Win98 machine use smbclient, but I want to
> mount the drive in /mnt. But when I go to do that, it whines about
> client names and the like. Have you managed to do it? If so, can you let
> me know how as I'm almost tearing my hair out here!
>
> -
> Stuart Luscombe

Computerservice Fiedler  Daniel-Gottlob-Tuerk-Str. 9  09236 Claußnitz

EMail:     Computerservice.Fiedler at gmx.de
Phone/Fax: +49 (0)37202 2060
WWW:       http://www.Claussnitz.de/computerservice/

Computer  -  Reparaturen  -  Schreibarbeiten