Banner page/cover sheet

Stephen L Arnold arnold.steve at ensco.com
Thu Jul 22 16:55:54 GMT 1999

When the world was young,  David Crisp <dcrisp at connect.com.au> some
runes like this:

> Im trying to set an HP2000CN up on our network.   Most of the
> Config works great. I can print to the printer remotly via samba
> etc with no problems. The only problems I have are as follows:
>
> 1) I cant stop the LPD printing a cover sheet on each printout :(

It might not be LPD; what does the banner page look like?  There is
an LPD switch (for /etc/printcap) to suppress header (banner) pages
called, oddly enough, sh.  The newer HP printers I've seen (we just
got a new HP8100DN) have internal settings for this as well.  The
printer banner was enabled by default; I had to telnet into the
printer to turn it off.  You can also do it on the printer console.

Steve