genrand.c

Mark_Noel at cch.com Mark_Noel at cch.com
Thu Jul 22 14:43:01 GMT 1999

When I went to version 2.0.4b users were intermittently getting network busy
messages and some could not connect at all.  When I turned on debugging it
appeared that it was spending a lot of time in the genrand.c code.  Anyhow the
code was hacked to stop the code from scanning directories.  The code was
recompiled, installed and now everything works fine.

So my question is since I don't need any crypto functions is there a way of
skipping this module in the compile?  Also, what might be affected by leaving
this hack in?

-mark