smbtar rproblem Help Requested.

Support rjn103s at mgr3.k12.mo.us
Wed Jul 21 23:55:03 GMT 1999

Greetings,

I have been depending on smbtar to do a network snapshot at night of some files
that are often requested to be restored for various reasons, however I have a
tar file created with smbtar that when I try to do a tar -tf thetarfile.tar I
get the message tar: Skipping to next file header after only listing part of
the files.

The tar file appears to be about the correct size but I can not restore from it.

Please advise about this.

Thanks!

 -- Richard Nelson Try
Something Without GPF's - - Not To Mention The Cost:)       FreeBSD
http://www.freebsd.org RedHat http://www.redhat.com    Strong Supporter of
Visual Tcl http://www.neuron.com/stewart/vtcl/